Dear Amity Street Dental Patient:
We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last year—as has the wider world--and we are all looking forward to transitioning back, as much as possible, to some of our old routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, which you may have seen during your visits to our office. Our office follows strict infection control protocols so that we can provide care that is both safe and comfortable, and we’d like to take this opportunity to describe some of those protocols in detail.
With Governor Baker's face-covering restriction lifted, our office will continue to follow protocols to maintain the highest level of safety for our patients, staff, and vendors.
We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We also follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
·Your temperature will be taken when you arrive for your appointment, and you will be asked a set of screening questions.
· We have opened our waiting room and are no longer asked to call when you arrive. We are, however limiting the number of patients in the waiting room to allow for proper social distancing.
· We still require you to wear a mask while in the building. If you don’t have your own mask, we will be happy to provide one.
· We have hand sanitizer throughout the office, and ask that you use it when you enter the office.
· All high-touch areas in our office are disinfected regularly.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· We will continue to do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient in our practice, safe. To make an appointment, please call our office at 413-549-8100 or visit our website at www.AmityStreetDental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. James Hunt
Dr. Eric Castenson
Dr. Victor Ivancev