COVID-19 Phase One Reopening
Dear Amity Street Dental Patient:
We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months—as has the wider world--and we are all looking forward to transitioning back, as much as possible, to some of our old routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Beginning May 26, 2020 we will be providing emergent or likely to become emergent care.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, which you may have seen during your visits to our office. Our office follows strict infection control protocols so that we can provide care that is both safe and comfortable, and we’d like to take this opportunity to describe some of those protocols in detail.
We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We also follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
· Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office, and again forty-eight hours after your visit.
· We are no longer using our waiting room. Instead, you will be asked to wait outside until we are ready for you to enter.
· We require you to wear a mask while in the building. If you don’t have your own mask, we will be happy to provide one.
· We have hand sanitizer throughout the office, and ask that you use it when you enter the office.
· In addition to our normal cleaning and disinfecting procedures, our staff will be cleaning high-touch areas of the office on an hourly basis, such as door knobs, counters, handrails and the bathroom.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· We will do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient in our practice, safe. To make an appointment, please call our office at 413-549-8100 or visit our website at www.AmityStreetDental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. James Hunt
Dr. Eric Castenson
Dr. Victor Ivancev